Hello all! Since it's been a few months have passed, I thought I'd give a quick update of the Kieren happenings. Everything is going pretty smoothly with the pregnancy. This little kid is pretty active which is fun most of the time, but a little painful other times (especially when the bladder is full). I see the doctor every other week now; if my blood pressure is a little high then he wants to see me the next week. But, that doesn't seem to happen very often. The last time I had an ultrasound which was a little over a month ago, Baby Chester was weighing 2.6 lbs, so I'm guessing he's probably gained another pound. I am 31 weeks, but am measuring a week ahead (32 weeks). Everything seems to be progessing normally and the munchkin is still developing normally as well, which we are very grateful for!
Well, on to a little more exciting news. Monday August 24th, Jared and I were getting ready to go to work, my left lower back started to ache, but I didn't think anything of it. Then as we got in the car to leave and started to drive away, the ache got worse. Needless to say, we had to go back home. I've had a toothache before, but this doesn't compare to the pain I felt that morning. In summary we went to the hospital and checked in to the E.R., but I guess they don't like dealing with pregnant ladies, so they wheeled me up to the Labor and Delivery unit. With a little help from some pain meds, I felt so much better. In conclusion, I had kidney stones. Little ones, but painful ones. Moral of the story: if you pop tums like they're candy, don't drink enough water and are pregnant, be aware of the stones! Water has become my best friend because that was not a pleasant experience. All is well now, but I was able to get a nice tour of the labor and delivery unit which is a positive, so I can check that off my list now. Jared was a great help and and a great comfort and I was very grateful to have him there with me.
Jared received a new calling a few weeks ago in our ward as an Assistant Financial clerk. There is another guy who was called as the same thing. The thought behind having two people doing this was that since the other guy is an Anesthesiologist and is on-call some Sundays and we are out of town sometimes, he and Jared and flip-flop. It's worked out really well so far. This calling isn't really new to Jared though. When he was at the Institute he pretty much did the same thing. So, he's pretty familiar with what needs to be done. It's weird not coming home together after church, but I fully support him am grateful for a husband who willingly accepted to serve the Lord.
I'll be posting some pics of my parents visit from this past weekend and some other events. I'll probably post of prego pics. 8 more weeks to go....Yikes! Hope all is well with everyone!
Monday, September 21, 2009
Kieren happenings
Posted by Rachel and Jared at 12:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
you better post pictures! i keep checking to see if you do! :) glad to hear you are doing well, can't wait for 8 more weeks for you guys!! exciting! has it gone by fast?
I'm totally late in posting this comment, but thought I'd say howdy anyway. We're keeping you guys in our prayers and looking forward to baby Chet's entrance into the world!
Post a Comment