Yes, this was a big surprise when we woke up yesterday morning to find snow. Jared and I thought that we were just getting rain and that it would snow on the Peaks. Well, it indeed snowed on the Peaks and also down here too; we didn't get as much snow as some others did, but it's still snow! So, yesterday was cold and wet. Not much of a springy day now is it. Even though I wish it was getting warmer instead of cold, it was still pretty.
It has been quite a while since I last posted, but we've been keeping pretty busy. School finally ended last week and hallelujah, I passed, which I'm more excited about than school being over. So, now that summer is under way (I guess) I am getting ready for all of my fun projects I want to get done. If you all don't mind, please humor me while I list said projects.
For this past Christmas my big surprise present was a sewing machine! I was really so excited to see it. Jared didn't think it was going to be a surprise, because he thought i knew w
hat he was getting, but it was. Jared said that I had mentioned wanting a sewing machine before, and I had, but I had totally forgotten. He kept getting me to guess, I just couldn't remember. We were at Target picking up some last minute Christmas items and Jared even said, "I'm looking straight at your gift!" and of course I was totally oblivious, "Where? I don't see it." Anyhoo, I feel really bad, but I haven't gotten it out of the box until now. TA-DA!
Ok, finally! Here is my first project, and yes it has everything to do with my horribly too long of a story told above.
1. I am trying to get started on a denim quilt. Over the past year I've gotten all of mine and Jared's jeans together that are worn out, or we can't wear anymore and cut them up. Just simple squares, we'll see how my solo flight goes. This is my first sewing project without my mom or sister. I'm excited though.
2. I want to get Jared's missionary pictures into a photo album, so they will be nice and organized.
3. Jared has this huge suitcase that has been, until recently, stored at his mom's house in Tucson. Now we have it here and I want to go through it. It's got a whole bunch of stuff in it that we can organize. It's going to be fun.
4. I want to get caught up with the Harry Potter series. Hopefully I can do that by the end of the summer.
5. I also want to reread the Chronicles of Narnia series. They are fantastic books.
6. Another series I want to read is The Lord of the Rings. I have never read those and I would love to get started.
During the school year, I don't get a chance to read for fun because I have so much mandatory reading, where it comes to a point, that it's not fun. I know that probably sounds weird.So, I want to try and get to the books that of my choosing.Anyways, back to my list.
7. I really want to d make a skirt. YAY for sewing machines!
8. I would love to get our wedding pictures in an album and put in frames. I know, it's really sad I haven't done that yet and June is our 2 year anniversary. Better late than never, right?
9. I want to get my journal caught up. I've definitely been slacking, I really want to get at it again.
Well, this probably was really boring and the list could seriously go on. Thank you for humoring me, but the best way for me to attain my goals is to write them down so I can check them off. Wish me luck...I'll need it.
8 comments:
Good luck with your list! I've got one that's about a mile long that I'm working on this summer too!
Wow, Rachel. Your list is even longer than mine!! I'm so delighted to think of you up there sewing away making a quilt. I have got to get organized and start on John Matchette's quilt, not to mention fininshing yours (or starting another) and doing Sarah's ( the quilt tops quilted) as well. That white print is hard to read, but that's a geezer comment. You go, girl, and we'll compare accomplishments at summer's end. Love ya lots!!! Mom
Good luck with your sewing projects. I started sewing last summer and it didn't take long to get the hang of things. And I love your reading list. I've read all three of those series and they're all worth the time!
i heard about the snow, and i can't believe it! it has been so hot here! upper 90's and humid. what did we get ourselves into moving here!
and i'd love to learn how to sew. i have all these ideas of things i want to make,......but NO idea how to go about it. so you'll have to photograph and blog you journey and maybe ill learn too! lol
My list is about the same - sewing, maybe some reading...we'll see what happens since Justin will be away. I'm hoping to make some sort of blanket or quilt for Justin for his B-day again, since he will be away. And yes, all the books you want to read are definitely worth the effort. Good luck with your projects! Hope to see you sometime soon!
Love, Sarah
Sounds like you are going to have a busy summer! :) I got that same sewing machine for christmas and haven't used it much either.. I need to try out a project myself! Hope you guys have a fun summer!
p.s. you should add Twilight to your reading list if you haven't read it already. It seems like something you might like.
Those all sound like great projects to undertake for summer! Go to it, and good luck! Perhaps you'll be in mid-read on any one of those book series or well underway with your sewing projects by the time we see you out here in July (YEAH!) Sending lot of love,
ah thanks! I appreciate it! Actually that's the song I wrote and sang to Phil at our reception. Wow! you've got a lot of goals to tackle here! I think it's great that you've written them down too, I'm sure that'll help a lot. I definitely need to do that. Right now I'm working on painting our kitchen, it's a pain, but I'm sure it'll be worth it. I hope anyway. So we missed you at basketball on Wednesday, I actually cried to be honest. Hopefully next time you can come???
Post a Comment