Tuesday, November 20, 2007

10 Things I Am Thankful For

Hello! Well, Brittney tagged me for writing 10 things i'm thankful for. I'm sorry it took me a while to do this. But, at least it's before Thanksgiving.

10. This country - I am so grateful to be living in this country with the rights and freedoms we have. I am so grateful for the men who brought this land together and for those rights and freedoms they made for us.

9. Education - Even though it might take me quite a while to get through school, I am still grateful that I have the opportunity to go to college and earn a degree.

8. The essentials of life I take for granted - clothing, food, transporation, etc. - I take for granted that when I look in my closet everyday, I have a clean shirt to put on my back. Every time I step onto an airplane, I am always amazed at how that huge piece of metal can get into the air and travel somewhere in and an hour and half, when driving takes 8 to 12 hours. It's great! I am also so thankful for the food we have to eat (esp. Costa Vida)

7. The Gospel - I am so grateful to have this wonderful Gospel in my life and for the blessings it brings. I am grateful for the atonement and for the sacrifice Christ made for us.

6. Music - Music is a big part of my life. I am so grateful for the talents I have. I am so thankful for the uplifting music that there is. It is so wonderful when we can use music to bring happiness to people.

5. Technology - I am thankful for cellphones and e-mail. It is amazing how fast we can communicate with friends and family with cellphones and e-mail. I love how easy it is to keep in touch.

4. Friends - I am grateful for the wonderful friends Jared and I have and for all the fun times and memories we share with you all.

3. Family - I am thankful for my family and what wonderful support they give. I am grateful for the good times we have together. I am grateful that I am sealed to such amazing parents and siblings. I am so thankful for what great examples they are to me.

2. Our home - I am very thankful for the home we live in to keep us safe and warm. It's our first home and we have made some great memories in it.

1. A wonderful husband - I am grateful that I am sealed to a wonderful husband who loves and supports me. I am so grateful for the great times we spend with each other.

I guess I have to tag people to do this next. So, I tag Jess, Brittany and Michelle

5 comments:

. said...

i like how the last thing you're grateful for is jared...lol

The Graham Crackers said...

Hey! I found you! Yeah!! haha! Your blog is so cute! thanks for walking with me the other day that was fun, we should do it more often. Anyway, have a great Thanksgiving! We'll see ya when you get back.

Unknown said...

What a good list! hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving! :)

Michelle Price said...

Thanks for the tag. Am I off the hook now that Thanksgiving is over? I'll get to it sometime...maybe next year! Hope you guys had a Happy Thanksgiving.

Macey said...

Hey Rachel and Jared! I saw your blog off of Amy's-hope it's ok I said hi! Have a great Christmas season.